"Even when you’re married, if you don’t think the relationship is healthy anymore, you have to make the decision to leave."
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t think this should be true. Marriage is not something you can just undo. It’s not something you can forget when you think it’s all too toxic. I honestly wish everyone thought the same. Is it bad that I don’t want my (future) marriage to end up like my parents’? Every night I keep praying that when the time comes, I’ll be able to marry someone who won’t leave me, and someone who won’t give me a reason to leave either. I think that’s what’s important and if you think the person you’re with isn’t that someone, then you have to reevaluate what you’re getting yourself into.
These past few weeks, I have done nothing but read posts from The UST files because a) FEELS b) some of the stories are soap-opera material c) THESE ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO PEOPLE and of course d) the comments are funny as hell.
"He’s right there, waiting for you. You must be excited."
"I am, I am." I said. Although in all honesty, it seemed like I was trying to convince myself instead of saying what I was supposed to be feeling. I looked down for a while before staring at him.
"Go ahead." You smiled and it made my heart sink. I didn’t want to leave, but of course I didn’t tell you that. Five steps down, and I looked back at you and saw the way your eyes gave you away. I walked back to you and thanked you, again, for helping me find my way back. I started to increase the distance between us.
Walked a little. Don’t go back. A little more. Would I rather be comfortable or happy? Walk. Walk. I have to go back.
And then to your surprise, I ran to you and hugged you as tight as I could. “I couldn’t.”
You smiled and kissed me and
"I know. I love you."
At 12 years old, I was convinced I needed friends whenever I was sad. They would come up to me and say things like “it’s going to be okay” with their arms around me. I would claim to feel better because that’s what I wanted to make myself believe.
At 17, I realized it’s better to distance yourself from people when you’re not doing okay. It’s great having someone listen your problems and to receive advice from those you trust, but I’ve come to the conclusion that sometimes, all you really need is yourself.
HOW IS THIS THE FIRST TIME I’VE SEEN THIS IT’S ALMOST AT 10 MILLION WTF
We have 12,000,000 notes people. We can do this.
FOR YOU ROBIN❤️
RIP sirrrr :( Peborit ko parin yung Jumanji :))
I. Always post the rules.
II. Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones.
III. Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
1. What are you passionate about?
2. Who are you when you’re all alone?
3. If there’s one thing you could change from the past, what would it be?
- It’d probably be that time when I blamed my parents’ separation for everything bad that happened to me.
4. Have you ever been in love? Describe the feeling.
- Well, I’ve been with someone for four years. I think that counts as love? It feels really weird and amazing and it’s insane. I don’t even know where to start. All I know is that love, for me, is when you’re finally with that someone, and it feels like coming home after a long day, and the familiarity leaves you speechless.
5. Favorite book?
- I don’t have a favorite book. I’ve loved all the books I’ve read that I can’t even think of one.
6. How’s your heart?
- Not doing well. It’s having a hard time adjusting.
7. Is there anything you forbid yourself to do?
- I never let myself run out of things to be thankful for. I always give myself time to look beyond what isn’t nice.
8. Coffee or tea?
9. How are you feeling at the moment?
10. What’s your biggest regret?
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH It’s not something I can post.
11. Do you know that you’re important and someone will always be there for you?
- Awwwwww yeeee
College is amazing. Meeting new people is amazing. Opening up to friends and having them open up to you is amazing. It’s overwhelming and scary at the same time. I’ve always been open to meeting people, I just find it scary that they might not be as thrilled as I am.
I guess it’s safe to say that I’ve been carried away by all these changes. The first term’s almost over and I still can’t hold myself together. I haven’t been blogging, I haven’t been reading, I haven’t been writing.